The International Meeting on Emerging Infectious Diseases and Surveillance (IMED) 2011 was held in Vienna, Austria on February 4-7, 2011. The meeting embraced the “One Health” concept recognizing that, just as diseases reach across national boundaries, so do they transcend species barriers.
The IMED website has made many of its slide presentations available online. Presentations cover the following topics:
• Disease Surveillance, Detection and Reporting and Outbreak Modeling
• Vectorborne and Zoonotic Diseases
• Foodborne and Waterborne Infections
• Infections Related to Travel and Migration of Humans and Animals
• Animal Reservoirs for Emerging Pathogens
• Agents of Bioterrorism/Biological Warfare
• Speciﬁc Disease Threats: Pandemic Inﬂuenza, Anthrax, C. difﬁcile, Q fever, Rift Valley Fever, West Nile Virus, Hemorrhagic Fevers, Bluetongue, Chikungunya, TSEs, Healthcare Associated Infections, and Others.
• Antibiotic Resistance
• Vaccines and Diagnostics for Emerging Diseases
• Submitted Abstracts (Oral and Poster)